Moussaoui given life in prison.

Started by
55 comments, last by kryat 17 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Toolmaker
You know what's funny? The guy is a psychofrenic, and has probably nothing to do with the entire 9/11 drama. But, since a part of the Americans wanna see blood, he's the one who's blood has to flow.

Even Al Qaida said he has nothing to do with the attack...

Toolmaker

Do you mean "schizophrenic"?
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Toolmaker
You know what's funny? The guy is a psychofrenic, and has probably nothing to do with the entire 9/11 drama. But, since a part of the Americans wanna see blood, he's the one who's blood has to flow.

Even Al Qaida said he has nothing to do with the attack...

Toolmaker

Right, everyone who has studied the case knows that he had nothing to do with 9/11, but the fact remains that he was part of another plot that we don't know about, and was still a danger to everyone.

And I resent that "Americans wanna see blood" comment. I don't want to see his blood flow. I was 100% against the death penalty for him. I do, however, support locking him up in a nice little safe place, where he can't do any harm.

Would you seriously want him wandering around free in your country?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Quote:Original post by Character73
If you mess with the U.S.A., you are going to die or rot in jail!

God Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
God, Guns, Guts and Glory!
Go Bush!

I'm not sure whether you're a left-wing with sarcasm, or a trigger happy crazy right-wing.

Either way, and what ever you may think of the whole geo-political situation, I think no Americans need to loose sleep over this one.
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
If you mess with the US, you are going to die or rot in jail!

Good Bless America, and kill all those that are anti-American.
Go Bush!

Okay, this sounds like an extreme case of sarcasm.

So I assume you completely disagree with his conviction.

But come on; the guy has stated a public and unrelenting desire to make us die, and participated in terrorist planning against us.

How could we possibly NOT lock him up from society? Now he's where he's incapable of doing any harm to us, and we'll be able to learn about what makes a person this batshit crazy, so we can maybe prevent it in the future.

No preference for either penalty (both jail and death are pretty bad).
Just glad justice is served.
I love Microsoft with all my heart! Resist anything else!
Quote:Original post by rohde

Go Bush!

I'm not sure whether you're a left-wing with sarcasm, or a trigger happy crazy right-wing.

Either way, and what ever you may think of the whole geo-political situation, I think no Americans need to loose sleep over this one.

Trigger happy all the way! :)
Republican till the day I die.
lol, The gamedev members now know where I stand politically.

Alright, who's comming with me. <-- quote taken from Jerry McGuire
I love Microsoft with all my heart! Resist anything else!

shmoove
So, I still can't figure out, is this sarcasm or not?

I'm glad he got life. This wait he can sit in prison until no one even remembers who he is, instead of being martyred and having all the fanatics pointing it out.

Also, @shmoove, well played. Well played indeed.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Quote:Original post by Cold_Steel
I'm glad he got life. This wait he can sit in prison until no one even remembers who he is[...]

You mean like that other guy who tried to blow up the WTC in 1993? You know: What's-His-Face? (He's actually known as Ramzi Yousef. I can usually remember it, but for some reason I had to look it up this time. I suppose this validates Cold_Steel's point.) Last I heard, he's in solitary confinement in the Supermax prison. He didn't start in solitary confinement, though: They put him in there after all of the mind games he played on his former accomplices who were in there with him caused one of them to snap and try to kill him.1 I thought that was pretty funny, actually.

So, I guess people actually do remember people in solitary. Just, you know, not often. And I never hear anyone refer to Yousef as anything resembling a martyr, so I guess that part works.

1 Source: The New Jackals by Simon Reeve
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
That jail sounds like it is designed to drive someone insane.
I think the guy should be executed, because anything is better than that place.
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Quote:Original post by senelebe
The only thing I question is what is the definition of 'life sentence' in this matter? I know in many states a life sentence is about 20 years. Is he going to be free oneday to plot and scheme mass destruction again? LOL, oh right that assumes he actually lives through his first week in our penal system, nevermind.

That also assumes that Moussaoui has sufficient brain power to plot and scheme.

I was glad to see that the jury was far more sane than Moussaoui. This way they can lock that guy up and we won't have to hear about him ever again. If they had chosen the death penalty, there would be several more rounds of trials and appeals and on and on and 15 years from now there would be another media circus over his execution and so on. This way it's over and done and all that we'll ever hear about him again is when his appeals for parole are turned down again and again just as with Sirhan Sirhan and Charles Manson.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement