Moussaoui given life in prison.

Started by
55 comments, last by kryat 17 years, 11 months ago
For him, I'd rather pay for the electricity bill instead of the food.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Character73
stuff
To quote King Arthur: "... You're a loony."
Solitary confinement with no books, no Internet, and no computer? Given the choice, I believe I'd have a good long think about the death penalty. So in other words, it's a perfect punishment : No martyrdom, real suffering.
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Yeah, I'm fine with it.

Federal Capital Crimes (if you were curious).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
American justice is awesome. Moussaoui is the only person judged in the 9/11 case. No one else was arrested. One man is judged, 400 others are jailed in Guantanamo without a chance to be heard. If Moussaoui is the most solid state, some serious questions have to be asked.
The psycho Republicans on FreeRepublic are calling for the jury to be tried and executed for treason against the USA... LOL.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
The psycho Republicans on FreeRepublic are calling for the jury to be tried and executed for treason against the USA... LOL.
[lol]

That's incredible! Wow. Well, we all agree that they're crazy, right?
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Honestly, if I was a juror on that case he would be a free man. I don't know if he is guilty or not, I am not familiar with the case, but I would call not guilty on one very simple principle: there is no way in hell this guy can receive a fair trial. May be in a Hague court, but not here.
I honestly can't say that Moussaoui's trial was entirely fair. Granted, I believe it's better that they sentence him to life in prison, but Evan Al-Queda said he wasn't involved. The trial was a sideshow. Some silly display of 'justice being served.' It has been nearly five years since 9/11, and the only person we've brought to trial is some guy, who doesn't even seem mentally capable of plotting something such as 9/11. Whatever happened to Bin Laden being public enemy no.1? We apparently have trouble finding him, but Al-Jahzeera news has no trouble recieving videos from him every so often. "America has lost" said Moussaoui. I can't say if we lost, but we certainly haven't won anything from that trial.
We'll bring your children up in the classic English manner, by making them learn latin, and beating them half to death in a single sex environment.
I'm not exactly surprised or nonplussed with the verdict. I'm a little surprised that he didn't get what was considered the worst possible outcome considering he pledged to the jury to kill as many Americans as possible if freed. But, maybe the jury probably picked what *they* thought was the worst sentence.

My favorite part of the trial was Moussaoui's own defense attorney arguing that Moussaoui was such scum he deserved to rot in jail. Nice strategy, and it totally worked. :)
Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement