windows scrollbar problem

Started by
1 comment, last by etsuja 17 years, 11 months ago
I having trouble getting scrollbars to work right. So far I just have it set up so you can scroll vertically when you push either the top vertical scroll button or the bottom one it scrolls. My problem is that when the text scrolls off the window it's gone when you scroll back to it. Anyone know how I can fix this?
Artist 1st - Programmer 2nd(I'll get some material linked here sometime to support these claims, haha)
Advertisement
You need to redraw the portion of the window that gets opened up when you scroll. If this is a straight Win32 app then you are presumably using ScrollWindow to do you scrolling. ScrollWindow will automatically invalidate the portion of the window that needs to be redrawn and you will eventually get a new WM_PAINT message for that area.

If you aren't using ScrollWindow you need to handle the invalidate&update logic yourself.
-Mike
I am using ScrollWindow but it was a problem with where I was drawing the text, I figured it out though.
Artist 1st - Programmer 2nd(I'll get some material linked here sometime to support these claims, haha)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement