PLT books

Started by
2 comments, last by CTar 17 years, 11 months ago
I want to learn programming language theory, but I'm not sure what books to get though. I already have the dragon book (Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools), but it's old and there is lots of stuff it doesn't even mention (JIT compilling, P-code/byte code, dependent types etc.), fortunatly a new version will be published in 2007. So I was wondering what other books would be a good idea to get? I'm also thinking about getting books about subjects such as hoare logic, process calculi (including lambda calculus), petri nets, CSP, etc., but what would be the best to start reading about, I'm thinking about reading about lambda calculus and petri nets at first, but maybe hoare logic and CSP would be a good idea also. What about pi-calculus? Is it important? I don't know much about these subjects yet, so I'm sorry if some of this stuff make no sense.
Advertisement
*bump*

Does noone knows of anything? I had the impression that at least some people here had taken CS in college and AFAIK most CS programs have courses about PLT.
Maybe this can help:

LtU Thread
Online resources about PLT
Quote:Original post by SamLowry
Maybe this can help:

LtU Thread
Online resources about PLT

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been able to reply in the last couple of days. I already knew PLT Online, the problem is that it only lists what is freely available, so I keep thinking that there might be something better. The lambda the ultimate thread looks interresting though. Thanks for your help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement