ATL for C++

Started by
1 comment, last by Scavenger23 17 years, 11 months ago
I am trying to compile an example, and it keeps on giving me "fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'atlsd.lib'". I have searched my computer for this file, and I don't have it. I know it is part of the Active Template Library, which is supposed to be in C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 8\VC\atlmfc\ and I don't have the atlmfc\ folder. Somebody on IRC said ATL is supposed to come with the Platform SDK, but I have the Platform SDK and it's not in there. Does anyone know where to get ATL, this file, or what it's supposed to be in? Thanks, Scavenger [Edited by - Scavenger23 on May 23, 2006 6:45:10 PM]
----------------------------Project Legend
Advertisement
If you are using the express edition see this: Visual C++ 2005 Express FAQ

Quote:42. Does Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition include MFC and ATL?

No, MFC and ATL are not included with Visual C++ 2005 Express. MFC and ATL will be included in all other Visual Studio 2005 Editions.
If it's not included, could I download another version and copy it into the C++ version? I don't see why not.

EDIT: Wait, wouldn't the code be different for a different language? Which means that it's not exactly the same version, which means it wouldn't work. Dang.

[Edited by - Scavenger23 on May 23, 2006 3:22:30 PM]
----------------------------Project Legend

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement