How to get texture u v value?

Started by
1 comment, last by ARB1130 17 years, 10 months ago
Hi! I have a simple question: I set a texture in 2x2 size. I want to get the u v value.In fact,it should be 0.0,0.5 and 1.0 in uv but I got 0.25 and 0.75 Please tell me how to get them or some tip! thank you! ^_^ my code is: ////////////////////////////////// //my fragment void main() { float u=gl_TexCoord[0].x; gl_FragColor =vec4(u,u,u,u); } ////////////////////////////////// //texture parameter set glGenTextures(1, &_iTexture); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, _iTexture); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_RETANGLE_NV, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_RETANGLE_NV, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_RETANGLE_NV, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_RETANGLE_NV, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_RETANGLE_NV, 0,GL_FLOAT_RGBA32_NV,_iWidth,_iHeight,0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, 0); ///////////////////////////////// //Viewport-Sized Quad = Data Stream Generator glBegin(GL_QUADS); { glTexCoord2f(0, 0); glVertex3f(-1, -1, -0.5f); glTexCoord2f(1, 0); glVertex3f( 1, -1, -0.5f); glTexCoord2f(1, 1); glVertex3f( 1, 1, -0.5f); glTexCoord2f(0, 1); glVertex3f(-1, 1, -0.5f); } glEnd(); //////////////////////////////// //1:1 pixel to texture mapping glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); gluOrtho2D(-1, 1, -1, 1); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glLoadIdentity(); ////////////////////////////////
Advertisement
Where do you "get" any value at all? Right now, all I can see is some rendering code. What specific spot do you want to "get" the values from?

In OpenGL, both display pixels and texture pixels (texels) are measured with 0,0 at the edge. Thus, the center of a texel is at 0.25 and 0.75 in a two-pixel texture, and the center of a display pixel is at 0.5 and 1.5 in a two-pixel display area. Texture sampling is done at the center of each pixel, so if you draw a rectangle from 0 to 2, it will sample at 0.5 and 1.5.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Thank you for your response!

So if I ues the glReadPixels( 0, 0, 2, 2, GL_RED, GL_FLOAT, array );

I can get two values about the center of the texels.

0.25 and 0.75 .

so if I use the "vec4 c = texture2D(texUnit, texCoord.st);"

I can get the value which is interpolated near two value replacing ,is it

right?

^_^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement