Who isn't participating?

Started by
25 comments, last by deltadream 17 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by superpig
Quote:Original post by liquidAir
...and I have no life, I'll be able to bring you fresh elemental goodness every year for the foreseeable future. [smile]

Just curious though. What then happens if/when you eventually get a life?
I'll still run the contests, I'll just be drunk while doing it.
Man, those are going to be some crazy elements.

gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
Well, considering how much school work I will have, and considering I am in school over the summer (again, sigh), I will most likely not get an entry in. I will, of course, be following the contest though.
I liked last year's contest better (or at least I think I did). Weren't the elements something like chose 2 character types from pirate, zombie, ninja, and something else? So much easier, but I don't really remember as I didn't really pay much attention last year.
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
You had to have at least two characters (robot, pirate, ninja, zombie) in your game. All 4 weren't required, but you had to have at least two.
Watching the contests from afar generally keeps me motivated to self-teach myself this kind of stuff (wow, sucky grammar...). Anyways, the pictures always seem to be interesting and the ideas behind some of the games tend to be really captivating, for example, the pirate side-scroller game someone made last year. It looked nice. (>_<)
*After Argument*P1: What was it about?P2: Something involving a chair, a cat, and a rubber ducky...
Quote:Original post by Avatar God
...and I have no life, I'll be able to bring you fresh elemental goodness every year for the foreseeable future. [smile]

Man, those are going to be some crazy elements.

LOL! Piss, Pot, Puke, and Pinatas!!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Saddly, I think that I'd do better being judged by a drunk person than a sober one.

And on-topic, I'm not entering - I already have a project that takes up enough of my time. I am interested in following this contest closely, though. I started reading Gamedev alot about the time 4E4 was closing up, so this is my first real experience with this contest.
I'd like to enter but I don't like to be "locked" in Europe, so I'll pass this contest.

BTW, are there any others like me ? I like to make space sims, but right now I have no ideea to bring a space sim into Europe ...
I am working on my underlying tech (graphics, sounds, etc) and i know i wont get to game logic in time for the contest. Maybe once I get a solid game engine completed/working, I will start to work a more than a demo of that engine.
I would really like to participate in the contest, because I've missed the previous one, but sadly I have too much work at hand, plus university exams, and I'm actually working on my first commercial application right now, however, I will try to follow the progress closely as much as I can.

Keep up the good work!
------------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement