Full album created by two strangers

Started by
5 comments, last by Deleter 17 years, 9 months ago
First off, if I'm violating any of the basic forum etiquette here by doing this then I apologize. Here's why I'm making this post: Back in November, I released my first album with a band called Stabilizer. The catch of the project was that the singer and I have never met. All of our work was done over IM and email. I encourage people to personally copy the album themselves for friends on the track "Mission Statement". Since we've never met, we can't play live shows and therefore, 100 percent of our fanbase comes from the net. Please download the entire album here(its a mix of rock, electronica, and a death metal track sung in mandarin): http://www.nonexistent-recordings.com/extras/AProjectCalledRed.zip If you like it, copy it for a friend. If you hate it, copy it for an enemy. Tracks we've received the best feedback for are movie star and grey to green(female vocals, downtempo beat-y song) I came to gamedev because of my desire to break into the world of video game audio. A stabilizer song was recently featured on a gotfrag.com video and we licensed an original track to a new puzzle game being developed. I figured we're finally ready to showcase to the community of game developers. First and foremost, I'd like you to enjoy the music, as my desire is to get the sound out to new ears and all commercial matters are secondary. myspace -everyones got a myspace http://www.nonexistent-recordings.com - our "label" I have 2 other albums that you guys may be interested in and I'll strongly consider uploading them if this gets good enough feedback.
Advertisement
Interesting collaborative idea. Did any one person have "creative control" or did you both just have to accept the others contribution. My friend and I often have differences as to how a song should sound over-all. Our music is stronger for it but still one appreciates the opportunity to argue one's preference.
It would be interesting to just send off a track with out a word and see where the other musician decides to take it.
Quote:if I'm violating any of the basic forum etiquette here by doing this

You mean like joining so you can spam your album as your single, solitary posting? Nah, thats not rude...
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Quote:Original post by aidan_walsh
Quote:if I'm violating any of the basic forum etiquette here by doing this

You mean like joining so you can spam your album as your single, solitary posting? Nah, thats not rude...
Indeed that is odd... but I'm going to move this over to 'your announcements' as its a bit more fitting.

To the original poster - you might wish to check out the Music and sound forum. Offer your services there, possibly also check out the Help Wanted forum. The best way to break into the industry is to get some work - both those forums might offer you that opportunity better than the lounge

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by Kelly G
Interesting collaborative idea. Did any one person have "creative control" or did you both just have to accept the others contribution. My friend and I often have differences as to how a song should sound over-all. Our music is stronger for it but still one appreciates the opportunity to argue one's preference.
It would be interesting to just send off a track with out a word and see where the other musician decides to take it.

For us, each track was a consistent back-and-forth. If I liked what he contributed, It'd be a keeper. If he didn't like the backing tracks I sent over, I'd probably just never hear any work done over them. As for you guys, I'd say to experiment and see what yields the best result.

As per spamming the board, yeah I realize its my first post but in the situation the band is in, we have little recourse other than net message boards, as playing a live show is impossible. We give the entire album away for free, not caring about commercial gain from people owning the CD. Its not like I was plugging a business or ipod referral scheme. Nonetheless, whoops. I'll lurk more before I start another thread.
I really like the album. I like the electronica feel with the piano. Very nice. I wrote up a little something on my blog to try and attract more people to your site. Keep up the good work.

Here's the blog post
Cool, actually I had downloaded this a while back. I listen to it pretty often. My personal favorite track is "run between the rain drops", cuz its pretty metal-ish, which just so happens to be my favorite genre. Just as much as this is a shameless plug, its still a decent album to listen to so you guys ought to check it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement