Need help starting commercial game company in NYC

Started by
14 comments, last by _winterdyne_ 17 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Now you need to invest many millions of dollars in teams of 30-100 people, design the game, budget it, schedule it, build the team, project manage it and deal with the publishers and hardware companies over an extended period of time.

Not to say that video games don't take a lot of work, but if the movie industry has room for a Blair Witch, then surely the video game industry does too.
Advertisement
There certainly is room for a Blair Witch type story in video games, but even that movie took a long time and lots of work. They just had little money. http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/vol18/issue46/screens.blairwitch.html

The OP of this thread is saying he allegedly has "enough money" to do it, he just needs a business manager who will run everything while he sits back and thinks up the great ideas. That's the part I'm not sure is viable. Although, if he does have plenty of money, then he's the investor. Most of a thread later, I'm still unsure as to what he wanted. :)
Its viable if the price is right.
If he offered a nice salary, Im sure he would have plenty of people looking to do the job.
Oh, another idea management engineer.
Quote:Original post by GuestX
Oh, another idea management engineer.

roflmao that thread was great! :)
Oddly, I've recently started my company, and have several people working for me in the NYC area.

I'd be interested in hearing from you in regard to evaluating you as a consultant designer. We are interested in producing other products (alongside Bloodspear) so don't assume you'll be constrained to the one project.

However, our primary objective is a genre-flexible framework designed for online games. I (and others) have done a lot (and I mean a lot) of design work in this regard. Our team is well-informed, highly professional, and well suited to the task in hand.

I haven't even bothered fully reading your original post. You claim to have experience, if you do, drop me a line (enquiries@winterdyne.co.uk) and we can see if you can walk the walk.

Winterdyne Solutions Ltd is recruiting - this thread for details!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement