Controling a game with sound.

Started by
13 comments, last by stenny 17 years, 9 months ago
Maybe this could work on situations that are not used often. For exameple, in a fighting game, scream to make an special move :p

I can imagine parents all around the world annoyed at night because their kids don't let them sleep with all the screaming XD
Advertisement
And of course there would be stealth games:

step step step...breathe in...breath out...breath in........(guard passes)....breathe out... step step breathe in step step *shwing* (draws knife) step WOOF!!

dammit!
Yea man do it. I can just picture a roomfull of people going VROOOOM! VROOOOOM! Hilarity.

Coz, that would make an awesome game too! Can anybody say ADOOOKEN! (Street Fighter reference :P)

I can just imagine all the great stuff that's going to emerge because of this thread. There are some definite technical hurdles though.
http://blog.protonovus.com/
Well this post is maybe slighty off topic, but I'm posting it anyway. :)

For a school project you could choose over 5 different types of subprojects, e.g. all of which relate to Domotica (interfacing a computer for the elder and/or disabled people).

One of these projects subject was about controlling a computer with your voice.
So at the end of the project you should presentate about your groups accomplishments. The presentation one of the groups gave was quit good, you could start programs by calling commands like 'start <program>', e.g. 'start I Tunes', etc. But they could also say 'mouse <left, right, up down>' and the mouse pointer would move to the direction specified until you said 'mouse stop'.
They also created a dictation screen, which you could just speak text and copy/paste it in Microsoft Word. The possibilities seemed endless.

Lengthy story, but anyway it was ment to clarify the feasability of speech recognition. My experience while viewing the presentation was wow, that's some cool stuff, maybe I could use it in a game. Then I realized when my brother had bought a Nintento DS with Docter Kawasaki's Brain Trainer that it already existed. :(

The point of this story is that it is quite feasable to accomplish so goodluck!

Starik out.
Next time I give my advice, I'll buy some bubblegum so I won't your kick ass!
You're gonna kick the originality of Nintendo's ass! [grin]
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement