Serious bug and memory debugging tools?

Started by
10 comments, last by The C modest god 17 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by The C modest god
Because the breakpoints are extremly slow when I use them, so I guess it doesnt use breakpoints in that case or either the hardware may be very slow.
The article pointed out something about the speed of the breakpoints and it said there shouldnt be any significant slow down, and I was using only a single breakpoint.
How can I place the breakpoint on the stack? I give it variable names, not address.

'hardware' breakpoints doesn't refer to the speed of operation (ie. not like a 'hardware TnL') but their capability. Hardware breakpoints require support at a CPU level in order to support additional features (like breaking when memory addresses are read and written too). Software breakpoints (done by scattering special instructions along with the regular code) will only let you halt execution when it reaches that particular point in the code.
Advertisement
Is there a good detailed tutorial on how to use data breakpoint in visual2003.
Because I dont understand what is going on with them, or they are broken or something like that.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement