OpenGL DirectX

Started by
12 comments, last by FasT 17 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by FasT
[1] Still cant slect The MFS / ATL from appWiz

If you mean MFC, that's because it's not included with the Express Edition of VC++.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
yeah i know that MFC is not included in VS EE and thats why i setup the SDK Platform ( x86 ) ... after that i didnd get any errors about the Windows.h
but got some new problems.. ( look up ^ )

If you know what i did wrong or how to fix that or whats the problem ( probably im stupid thats the problem :P ) anyway Any help is heavy apriciated

I did ask this question befor but didnt get an awnser...

Is there a VS that includes MFC ATL windows.h and all that kinda stuff ?

Thanks!
-FasT

[Edited by - FasT on July 21, 2006 11:58:06 AM]
windows.h comes with the Platform SDK. If you followed all the directions on the VS install page, you should have access to it.

MFC (and I believe ATL as well) do not come with the Platform SDK. There is no way to obtain them without paying for them. MFC is not exactly worth your time anyways, as it has been superceded by newer technology, and you don't need it to learn OpenGL.
oh okey so thats good news about MFC and stuff

about the platform now...

I used the alternative way to edit the directories...
in step 3
i edited all the line as it was told in file VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config
but there i got 2 problems:
[1] There was no line that sayd ( Executable="lalala\bin" )
do i have to write it ? ( probably yes but just want to be sure )

[2] there are 2 files named (VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config) thi oly diference is that one includes the word "dll" in caps mode other without
(DLL \ dll) so do i have to edit them both ?

and i also did something wrong with Path="...."
could all that be the reason why i get an cl.exe error ( ERROR: cant spawn cl.exe) ??

Or am i totaly wrong? and if so then a solution or at least a tiny help would be arpiciated

Thanks !
-FasT

[Edited by - FasT on July 21, 2006 1:08:32 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement