some problems with the frustum culling

Started by
2 comments, last by dawidjoubert 17 years, 9 months ago
I know there is a near plane in a frustum, but I am wondering why objects between near plane and view point are unvisible. I am a foreigner ,so not very good at English.qvmx50bo
Advertisement
They are clipped by gpu. Why? One reason is limited Z depth resolution, but probably there are other reasons as well..
Bulma
I find that it is not a easy job to construct a bounding volume for a node in
terrain rendering . Is there any good website or paper introducing some method

Quote:Original post by Bulma
They are clipped by gpu. Why? One reason is limited Z depth resolution, but probably there are other reasons as well..

Quote:Original post by Bulma

As mentioned above, because of the way that the z buffer is worked out and spread having a frustum culling from 1 to 1000 and 0 to 1000 can mean the difference between a great level of accuracy and detail. It can result in z fighting problems.

Choose a good value for your near and far plane. A technique that is however sometimes used in very long distant scenes involves rendering the scene n times, where a certain area (bounded by two circles basically and growing each time) is rendered and then the frustum culling changed for then next rendering stretch.
----------------------------

http://djoubert.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement