adult swim, what have you done!

Started by
57 comments, last by Daerax 17 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Salsa
So, isn't there a show called Bleach coming to Adult Swim this fall?

[rolleyes] [flaming] I've never seen it, but I can already tell it's going to be awful. I think we have every single crappy-anime-show stereotype there is going on in that one image, right down to the annoying girl and her pet cat.

Seriously, is there no originality left in the world? The last thing this world needs is another Inuyasha (quite possibly the worst show ever created.. closely followed by Trigun).

Actually, Bleach is surprisingly good. It was one of those things I picked up on a "I've got $7 to burn, look at me, I'm RICH" binges I go one periodically. Its nowhere near as stereotypical as it looks.

In fact, that dissapointed me the most, because when I picked up and read the synopsis on the back I went "Wow, that sounds INCREDIBLY stereotypical to the point of it being hilarious"

Instead it was good.

Bastards.

Quote:
I've never seen it, but I can already tell it's going to be awful.

Really? From one image?
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
Really? From one image?

Is there not a school girl in the photo? Looking at her pet cat? A guy with a big sword wrapped in tape, or some sort of band-aid, who looks like a complete pushover? And that guy to the left looks exactly like a cross from two (terrible) characters from the (terrible) Trigun.

&

And finally, the big brute guy in the back looks exactly like one of Akira's worshippers with telekinetic powers from the manga.

'Nuff said.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Quote:Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
Really? From one image?

Is there not a school girl in the photo?

Yes.

Quote:
Looking at her pet cat?

No.

Quote:
A guy with a big sword wrapped in tape, or some sort of band-aid

So... big swords make things suck? I'll be sure to remember that. Also, that "band-aid" is a tsukamaki(sp?), a type of hilt wrap that, IIRC, is based around strengthening the hilt of a weapon in order to keep it from breaking into a million pieces in your hand.

I think. I'm not much on swords.

Quote:
who looks like a complete pushover?

Not really... no.

Quote:
And that guy to the left looks exactly like a cross from two (terrible) characters from the (terrible) Trigun.

Two shows with similar design styles? IMPOSSIBLE :P

Quote:
And finally, the big brute guy in the back looks exactly like one of Akira's worshippers with telekinetic powers from the manga.

'Nuff said.

This relies on me actually having read Akira, but you still haven't raised any valid points. You based everything off of one image, but you didn't even give the show a chance.
Dude, I'll give the show an open-minded watch once it hits the block, but for the time being I'm fairly justified in my own personal predictions. You might like it, but hey, you might like Trigun or Inuyasha, so I don't really need to explain my rundown of the image any further. :P

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Dude, I'll give the show an open-minded watch once it hits the block, but for the time being I'm fairly justified in my own personal predictions. You might like it, but hey, you might like Trigun or Inuyasha, so I don't really need to explain my rundown of the image any further. :P

Trigun was... passable at best. I only really watched it because of my obsession with desert environments.

As for Inu Yasha? Well thats just TV cancer. It was moderately interesting for about 3 episodes in the "ooh, new TV show" fashion, but that died off really quick.

You can download them from bleachportal If you don't want to sign up use the bittorant. Also only go up to episode 63 (mabye 64) since after that they are doing a filter and the episodes are not that great.
Just me
A. Pee Wee's Playhouse is a classic and absolutely hilariouus (it's all about double-entendre and such).

B. Trigun was great if you watched it and paid attention. That's the deal with serial caroon (shows in general), if you don't know what's going on, it sucks.

C. Yeah, some shows on Adult Swim just suck.

D. It's always been that way (for the most part, I could never stand Spaceghost).
Z. Why has no one even mentioned The Boondocks?
Omega. Really, guyz, taste. We've all got it and it's not the same.
---------------------------------------------------There are 10 kinds of people in the world:Those that understand binary, and those that dont...Mage
Adult Swim started going downhill after the first 2 seasons of each of the original shows (Sealab, Aqua Teen, Birdman, etc.) and when they got rid of the pool theme in favor of the text on a black background that tries so desperately hard to be funny but always fails.

Ideally, Adult Swim should rid itself of anime altogether and focus on humor. Anime should be relegated to Toonami, like it used to be, which would free up a lot of time slots for some of the good shows which are all too often out of rotation, namely Home Movies. I don't mind the occasional oddball show like Peewee Herman and Saved by the Bell. Peewee Herman isn't my cup of tea but I can definitely see why it appeals to some. Saved by the Bell on the other hand is simply classic and I'm strongly in favor of it being shown occasionally on Adult Swim.
----Bart
I put my vote in for Bleach, too. That show is pretty damn awesome, the only problem I can think of being the plot drag.

I downloaded it almost completely impulsively and was very happily surprised. At least give it a change. :)
Aqua Teen blows. Home Movies blows. Squidbillies is pabulum. 12 oz. Mouse is ear-splitting tripe. The Brak Show has some interesting moments... once in a blue moon.

I'd like to go on about how I think the network could be better, but it'd be an exercise in futility. (But they could start by emphasizing the "Adult" in their name...)
____________Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement