A question about Direct Music

Started by
5 comments, last by STufaro 17 years, 9 months ago
Can you load and play a mp3 file or ogg vorbis files using direct music? If yes how would you do it in c++ using direct music or direct sound? Also if u have links to source code that uses direct sound to load mp3 or vorbis, that would be helpful. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure DirectMusic is MIDI-only, so you can't load OGGs or MP3s with it.
Quote:Original post by STufaro
I'm pretty sure DirectMusic is MIDI-only, so you can't load OGGs or MP3s with it.

not only MIDI.
DirectMusic can load WAV.
and more,can load "directmusic format files"(e.g."segment"-file,"band"-file,,etc)

Wrong. My last music system used DirectMusic to load both OGG and MP3.

@OP: I don't have any source code available, but IMO DirectSound would be the best choice for loading an OGG file.

Here is a good tutorial though.
Quote:Original post by Programmer16

Wrong. My last music system used DirectMusic to load both OGG and MP3.
I thought you had to use the OGG Vorbis SDK to decode OGG files, since Windows (And therefore I'd presume DirectMusic) doesn't handle .ogg by default?
Touche. I didn't use JUST DirectMusic, I used the Ogg SDK and DirectMusic.
Whoops. My bad.

Quote:Original post by Programmer16
Touche. I didn't use JUST DirectMusic, I used the Ogg SDK and DirectMusic.

Dare I bring up that Mac commercial? :P

Edit: ah, yes, now I remember the .seg's. More formats to add to the Tower of Bable!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement