can't open my .exes!

Started by
5 comments, last by stenny 17 years, 8 months ago
Hello there, I recently created a DXapplication that shows a texturized mesh (normal, not skinned). I compiled it and it worked, but when I sent it to a friend he got this message: It isn't possible to open the application because it's configuration seems to be incorrect - The reinstalation of the application may correct this problem. I included the .xfile and it's textures, so I don't see why it shouldn't work. How can I solve this? -Stenny ---BTW--- I use the DX9.0 june 2006 SDK and MVSC++ 2005.
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel
Advertisement
he needs to have the dx runtimes installed and will probably need the version of d3dx9_??.dll where ?? is the version of the file ur using.... also are u definitly building release build?
http://stowelly.co.uk/
Perhaps you can run Dependency Walker on it to see what DLL(s) you might be forgetting to include.

Another problem might be that you did not compile the program in 'Release' and give it to him. (Normally, Debug is for you, the developer, and Release is for your end-users)
"Everything begins with Nu and everything ends with Nu. This is the truth! This is my belief... at least for now." - Mysteries of Life Volume 184 Chapter 26
Oh stupid me. I never knew there is a releasebuild to (after some configuring I found the option). Thanks[smile]

-Stenny

It wasnt possible to start this application because d3dx9_30.dll wasnt found. The reinstallation of the application may correct this problem

I just need to include this DLL in the same folder as the exe itself? If so, where can I find it?
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel
Please pick a more relevant subject title in future - your current one doesn't give a reasonable indication of what your question is about [smile]

Quote:Original post by stenny
I just need to include this DLL in the same folder as the exe itself? If so, where can I find it?
Get familiar with DirectXSetup. Distributing just the DLL is against the licence agreement and A Bad Thing™.

Refer to The new FAQ stuck to the top of this thread. It's not fully linked together yet, but if you scroll down there is an entire section on redistribution - it should get you up-and-running with what you should be doing.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

yep

and shud be in windows/system32 i think, if not just search the filename

EDIT: sorry not recomending to distrib the dll wasnt aware that was illegal
http://stowelly.co.uk/
@jollyjeffers:
Well, I didn't know about the source of the problem, so this is the best I could do for a name...

@Everyone
It's not like I'm doing this for commercial stuff or anything, but it's always good to know I can't use them, so I'll have a check on DirectXSetup.

-Stenny

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement