AOL: From ISP to Gold digger

Started by
25 comments, last by Conner McCloud 17 years, 8 months ago
Quote:Original post by ViLiO
I'd get a chest and fill it with AOL CDs. Then bury that chest somewhere on my property so when AOL think they have struck gold (quite literally), they'll just get all their CDs back [smile]

Best. Idea. Ever.
Advertisement
As far as I know, the digging would need to be court-approved much like a search warrant for the gold would be. If that's fulfilled, then dig away. It sounds like it is, assuming that AOL has some reason to believe the gold/platinum would be there. I'm positive that the article shortchanged us on information there, so I'm choosing to make that assumption as such.

Quote:"This is a court-directed, judge-approved legal process that is simply aimed at responsibly recovering hidden assets."
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote:Original post by Driv3MeFar
Quote:Original post by ViLiO
I'd get a chest and fill it with AOL CDs. Then bury that chest somewhere on my property so when AOL think they have struck gold (quite literally), they'll just get all their CDs back [smile]
Best. Idea. Ever.
Only thing left to do after that is the have a big truck dump dirt into the 6 foot hole those guys will be standing in..

Quote:Original post by Truck Driver
What do you mean CANCEL? Worst thing you can ever do man! BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

>> Does AOL have any proof that he burried gold?

No hard proof, but they do have a lot of evidence. Read the article and the transcripts.

>> Do they have receipt?

Yes, they have a copy of various receipts and money transfer requiests.

>> Do they have video of him burrying it?

Um, no.

>> Hell, do they have anything other than a hunch that gold is on the property?

They have enough evidence to convince the judge that he buried gold and precious metals on his parent's property, including testimony of people who know the guy. Again, see the court order.

They're not just going to take a bunch of backhoes and rip off the top six feet of the entire property. [totally] They're going to probably go over the whole place with metal detectors and divining rods and whatever else. THEN they'll rip off the top six feet with a backhoe.
Quote:Original post by frob
No hard proof, but they do have a lot of evidence. Read the article and the transcripts.

Everything I've read indicates that their evidence is that he once buried some cash in his mother's garden. I can see now how that would be grounds for sacrificing the parent's fourth amendment rights. Also his grandparents rights...the initial article doesn't mention them, but AOL also wants to dig up their yard. Apparently, their evidence is so solid they aren't sure which house he chose to bury it under. I haven't found any transcripts...if you have a link, I'd love to read them.

If this were the IRS looking to retrieve back taxes, we'd have eight or nine people screaming for blood, with LessBread making random posts about the situation in Iraq, but since its AOL the whole thing is apparently a joke.

CM
Quote:Original post by Conner McCloud
Also his grandparents rights...the initial article doesn't mention them, but AOL also wants to dig up their yard. Apparently, their evidence is so solid they aren't sure which house he chose to bury it under.

Source?

Don't Temp Fate..
Quote:Original post by Coward
Quote:Original post by Conner McCloud
Also his grandparents rights...the initial article doesn't mention them, but AOL also wants to dig up their yard. Apparently, their evidence is so solid they aren't sure which house he chose to bury it under.

Source?

Here. Its almost exactly the same as the initial article [even by the same guy], but fleshed out a bit more in places. Its possible that the court order only covers the parents' property, but that hardly matters.

CM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement