Games Programming Degrees

Started by
17 comments, last by Dan Forever 17 years, 8 months ago
well thanks for all the comments so far. I have been to look around John Moore's, and Abertay (and I live near London - what treks eh!).

Abertay I didn't think the accomndation was satisfactory (2 miles away with no net access) even though I loved the people there and the course looked quite good.

John Moore's.. didn't particualrly like Liverpool, the guy who took us around was really happy etc. and seemed really nice - just didn't like the city!
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Lokolo
John Moore's.. didn't particualrly like Liverpool, the guy who took us around was really happy etc. and seemed really nice - just didn't like the city!

Lol that is ok, everybody is entitled to an opinion.
Maybe you will change your mind if you come to this years game conference

[Edited by - dmail on August 18, 2006 9:06:28 AM]
funny thing is, all the stuff about High Wycombe... its sadly true.
Quote:
If offered, do not under any circumstances accept a job in High Wycombe - if you do so without taking appropriate precautions you are likely to find yourself falling under the Curse of Wycombe, which will prevent you ever leaving again.

Phew, I was offered a job in High Wycombe last year! Lucky escape! [wink]
Member of the NeHe team.
hi, could some give me some advice, coz i can't discide weather to do EE or CS and was considering doing a joint degree, do you think it would be more benifical to pick one and do a single or to do a joint.

thanks
Lokolo:

have you considered working for 1 year? I'm not sure what your financial situation is, but it may be beneficial to save up some money also you could spend the year learning what you will be studying on the degree course, perhaps giving you an advantage when you go to university because you would have studied alot during the year.

you could always spend the year studying a few courses from Game Institute ;D
My mum has told me I am not allowed to have a gapyear, she says if I get a job etc. ill end up getting tied to the money and then not go :-/

don't ask.

but the game institute.... its American. I'm anti-american (no offence) so it's not for me...
If you can get a gap year placement at a games company (especially programming), that gap year will be worth as much as your whole degree put together. Experience counts a lot in getting your foot in the industry.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

I'll vouch for Northumbria University also, I'm on the same course as annabelles_fury :)
I'm currently on placement at Atomic Planet Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement