Jesus Camp!

Started by
130 comments, last by Dmytry 17 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Alpha Nox
o.O
how come you care so much about those kids getting brainwashed?

you get brainwashed everyday and doesn't even notice or care...

Because, no ones made a film about it

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared, to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heartrending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottom of his training shoes.
Advertisement
o.O

did you ever think that maybe we care because we don't get brainwashed and thus notice when others do?
Quote:Original post by fadilthrejk
o.O

did you ever think that maybe we care because we don't get brainwashed and thus notice when others do?

And how does one know when one has or hasn't been brainwashed, pray tell?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Quote:Original post by aidan_walsh

You haven't been brainwashed if you have a dirty mind [lol]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
o.O

you notice more obvious forms of brainwashing, for example: in the middle ages ppl thought the inquisition was ok, and that kings should be rich and the rest poor and dumb. And so was everybody afraid to think, because doing that was a "sin". If you would tell that in that time, you would be called crazy,stupid and burned.

Same now, you're crazy if you tell that the Media brainwashes ppl all over the world, and if you tell the priest he's wrong you're going to hell. o.O

Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Unbunch your collective panties. Stuff like this has been going on forever, but the world still hasn't ended. Statements like "stuff like this frighten me", "thing like this sicken me"... bitches, please. Your reaction is exactly the same as their root reaction to your moral, religious and political positions, and all it takes is a small radical element for an identical militant "movement" to emerge.

People have very different world views. Big fucking deal.

Cue reactionary nonsene in 5...

I went to a "Jesus Camp" when I was 12 and it wasn't anything like that camp. Lots praying and singing about Jesus, lots of alter calls and all that, but none of the war talk. I think the war talk is what has people alarmed, not the religious talk.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
In the christian view of Jesus he's so good that you don't do what he commands you, he'll send ya to Hell and punish you. o.O

Thank god, i'm not as good as that.
What kind of 5 year old wants more from life other then to watch barney and play lego's?
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
o.O

I think the whole "when I was 5 I just wanted more out of life" bit is a dead giveaway.

And telling the kids to "raise up" as "righteous judgers".
o.O

I think the whole "when I was 5 I just wanted more out of life" bit is a dead giveaway.

And telling the kids to "raise up" as "righteous judgers".

I missed that last part -- doesn't that go apart one of the main parts of Christianity? "Do no judge others" or something?
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement