Jesus Camp!

Started by
130 comments, last by Dmytry 17 years, 7 months ago
I may have to check this movie out. Child brainwashing isn't anything new. Hitler used it with his Nazi youth organization. The one thing that really gets to me in that video is the marching, and preparedness for battle. I went to a bible camp when I was younger, and never experienced anything like that, with the exception of praying a lot. I know somwhere, in several parts of the bible, it speaks of preparing for spiritual warfare, or something like that. I'm sure they can use that as a theme for presentations during the bible camp. I suppose you'd have to go see the movie to get a better idea of what this camp is doing.
We'll bring your children up in the classic English manner, by making them learn latin, and beating them half to death in a single sex environment.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Strider_Hiryu
... I know somwhere, in several parts of the bible, it speaks of preparing for spiritual warfare, or something like that. ...

Amen Jesus Jihad?

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by avidlinuxuser
Man, that is scary. I am worried for this country.

A handful of nutjobs don't scare me. The scary part is the much larger number of people who provide cover and make excuses for the nutjobs. This can't be stressed enough: This is exactly how extremism gets mainstreamed. America has had a taste of extremism going mainstream with the help of the usual enablers. I hope she's learned something from the experience.

Quote:Original post by fadilthrejk
Quote:Original post by Alpha Nox
o.O
how come you care so much about those kids getting brainwashed?

you get brainwashed everyday and doesn't even notice or care...

did you ever think that maybe we care because we don't get brainwashed and thus notice when others do?

If you weren't "brainwashed" in some form you wouldn't think there was anything "wrong" with brainwashing. Your morals and ethics are nothing but a product of what you've been taught is "right", perhaps modified slightly based...

Quote:Original post by Kazgoroth If you weren't "brainwashed" in some form you wouldn't think there was anything "wrong" with brainwashing.

LOL, unbelievable,according to you if someone didn't tell you that raping/killing is wrong you would do it. Well, I certainly don't need a piece of paper with what I must or mustn't do.

If you do that's another case.

Quote:Original post by KazgorothIf you weren't "brainwashed" in some form you wouldn't think there was anything "wrong" with brainwashing.

so, I must be tortured to think that torturing is wrong? is that it? o.O

Dammit people! This isn't scary! This is opportunity knocking at our door steps. Do you realize how easy it would be to start a cult with the millions of people like that in this country. Hell, if L. Ron Hubbard can do it, why can't we? Cults are incredibly profitable. This isn't scary, this is a gold mine.
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
I propose we start a hockey MMORPG religion/cult
__________________I have a computer!
Quote:Original post by cloudscapes
I propose we start a hockey MMORPG religion/cult
Sweet, count me in. Our holy book will be the book of Variables/HTML [wink]
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Hockey!

Cult!

Yaaay!

I want in.
----------The universe is, in reality, an incredibly long and complex setup for a joke that is so infinitely stupid that humans cannot percieve it....That's what makes it funny.*On April 1st, will change name of every topic created by me to "WHOAH! BEST GAME IDEA EVER! READ ME MORON!!"...Or not.
I have 15000 ideas for our cult!
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Quote:Original post by King of Men
I have 15000 ideas for our cult!

LOL! This thread cannot possibly get any funnier than this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement