cheap special effects

Started by
2 comments, last by drakostar 17 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone know how to do this in a more reliable way (right now, its just a special effect generated by using lots of "spaces")? What I'm trying to do is to get the titlebar caption to display in the CENTER, as oppossed to the usual LEFT. I am using C#. Thanks in advance!
A JPEG is worth a thousand and twenty four DWORD's. ;)
Note: Due to vacationing my website will not be updated till late-August. Of course I still have internet, but who wants to program during a vacation?
Advertisement
Nah you'd probably have to code it yourself. It seems a trivial task that just requires a bit of playing around. When the Form is created or resized then get the Width of it, minus a bit for the Icon and Min/Max/Quit buttons, divide by two, minus half your string and that is how many spaces you would need I guess. Shouldn't be too hard. Goodluck.
What we do in life... Echoes in eternity
Keep in mind that doing so probably violates whatever human interface guidelines there are (but not that much :).
http://blog.protonovus.com/
Quote:Original post by swordfish
Keep in mind that doing so probably violates whatever human interface guidelines there are (but not that much :).

Yeah. If you've played with other GUIs (I'm thinking of KDE), you probably realize that things like the window title format are determined by the system, and typically should not be overridden by applications. I know "skins" are in style, but ask yourself if making your app inconsistent really adds anything. And if it runs on a system where someone has installed a theme that centers window titles, it will probably look terrible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement