Game Logo

Started by
4 comments, last by Swattkidd 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I do not have too much knowledge in creating computer art and was wondering if you guys can please help. If you look at the website whichpoker.co.uk, I was wondering how would you go about creating their logo, what software and hardware do I need? Thanks
Advertisement
You could basically use every image software. Photoshop is the professionals choice ( though its quite expensive ).

Start by getting the apropriate fonts. Create the poker writing and replace the 'o' by three nested circles ( red, white, red ), add the cogwheel like blocks into the white circle. create the crown ( similar processing, just a few basic geometric objects, that are added or subtracted from one another ). now select the whole thing, and add a gradient ( the 'o' gets a gradient in a different color ).

now add an arcuated writing ( 'which' ) on top of the 'poker' writing. apply gradient. select everything. expand the selection by some pixels ( say 8 ) , and fill that selection with the dark blue color ( be sure to use a new layer ). now lessen the selection by round about 3 pixels, and fill it with white. put the layer with the two writings on top of the outline one and there you go...

t0}{!c
Cool, I thought I had to draw the damn fonts by hand, I was going to buy a tablet. LOL!

Adobe Illustrator is perfect for logos. Vector based gfx is a good solution since you can scale it any way you want (without making it look crappy) after you've made it.
my-eulogy - A blog about coding and gfxsdgi - Semi-Daily Game IdeaChunkyHacker - Viewer for Relic chunky formats (used in DOW)
If you can't afford Illustrator, save up about $40 and spend a few hours browsing MyFonts. There's a sickening amount of beautiful fonts for you to purchase. Once you've got your typography covered, download Inkscape and start vectorizing.

Be sure to post your work in progress so we can give constructive feedback.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

I dont know much about logo making and all that...but here are some free alternatives to the PHOTOSHOP and FONT products, you can use GIMP (great free program) and DAFONT.com( many free fonts)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement