ATI Z Buffer problems

Started by
10 comments, last by weasalmongler 17 years, 6 months ago
Quote:Original post by weasalmongler
I'll see what this yields. Where is the information supposed to appear? The command window?

It depends on what debugger/IDE you're using, but it appears in the "Output" window in MS Visual Studio (the "command" window is for talking to the Visual Studio IDE without needing to go through the menus and to access things that don't appear on the menus).

In the Output window for the "Vertices" SDK sample using the debug runtimes for example I see:

Quote:Direct3D9: (INFO) :Direct3D9 Debug Runtime selected.
D3D9 Helper: Enhanced D3DDebugging disabled; Application was not compiled with D3D_DEBUG_INFO
Direct3D9: (INFO) :======================= Hal SWVP device selected

Direct3D9: (INFO) :HalDevice Driver style 9

Direct3D9: (INFO) :Failed to create driver indexbuffer
Direct3D9: (INFO) :Using X3D PSGP

If you're running your application standalone (not always the best plan during development, but sometimes unavoidable), you can also use the [free] DebugView utility from the excellent www.sysinternals.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Advertisement
Thank you S1CA! It turns out that my call to IDirect3DDevice9::SetViewport() set MaxZ to 10.0 rather than 1.0, after I had changed this, the z buffer fixed itself in the reference rasterizer. I am yet to test on my friends ATI machine, but I am pretty confident that this should fix it.

Thank you to everyone who helped with this issue.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement