Having trouble figuring this out

Started by
27 comments, last by ishpeck 17 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid
I did a quick google search, and "kerauno-" seems to be the Greek prefix for thunder or lightning. "Keraunomancy" means divining the future through thunder. You can also spell it "Ceraunomancy".

Keraunomancer is also a good one, since Pyromancer actually means one who uses fire to tell the future anyway I think that could work

So Keraunomancer and Leiptromancer sound good so far? Any more input or words found?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Adriac
Hydromancer

What about Aquamancer?

Ok.
Quote:Original post by Yvanhoe
The old norse word is "leiptr" -> Leiptromancer ?

Leiptromancer sounds cool and lemme go back and see what the other one I saw was that I liked

Btw how do i put two quotes in a post?

Hit 'quote' copy the post, hit quote on a different user, paste your copied quote into the reply box.

Or simply ctrl+c a user's post, and surround it with
and

Keraunomancer is nice, I'd go with that. (Oh, and Elementalist is a quite old term, not Guild War's creation)

Geomancer is good, and commonly recongized as a magical manipulater of rocks, but if you desire a replace ment, you could use Petramancer. Petra = 'rock' in greek.
Ok we're almost done here....anyone know a different word for ice since some of you think that hydromancer only refers to water. If someone comes up with a good one I'll take it.

Thanks for all the help so far.
Ok we're almost done here....anyone know a different word for ice since some of you think that hydromancer only refers to water. If someone comes up with a good one I'll take it.

Found this on an online English to Latin translator (accuracy unknown).

Cold: gelu, gelidus, frigus, algor, algidus

Ice: glacies

Lightning: levitas

Fire: incendia, ignis, flamma

Water: unda, aqua

Earth: terra, humus

Air: aer

Arcane: ianus, forix, fornicis

Magic: veneficus, magus

[size="1"]Try GardenMind by Inspirado Games !
All feedback welcome.
[s]
[/s]

[size="1"]Twitter: [twitter]Owen_Inspirado[/twitter]
Facebook: Owen Wiggins

[size="1"]Google+: Owen Wiggins

Theres Cyro too.. I know alot of people who use 'cyro' to describe the manipulation of Ice. So would Cyromancer work?
(also.. just for extra info, some people use: Plasma,Aqua,Terra,Aero, and Aura for the basic five elements).
ok final list

Sorceror
Pyromancer
Cyromancer
Geomancer
Aeromancer
Keraunomancer

thank you for all he input everyone!
That should be 'Cryo'.
Every game needs Gerbilmancy.

Because it's awesome.

-----------------"Building a game is the fine art of crafting an elegant, sophisticated machine and then carefully calculating exactly how to throw explosive, tar-covered wrenches into the machine to botch-up the works."http://www.ishpeck.net/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement