My first particle fire!

Started by
11 comments, last by deadlydog 17 years, 5 months ago
Woopie. So many people with no fire huh :(

Well.
I am using point sprites as mentioned, and I was aware that the ATI cards do not have a very good support for them. I just didn't know it would be so bad :)
It's interesting that it did not run on 6600GT, I think that it should be very similar to my 6600.

A blank gray screen means that the point sprites simply don't get rendered. Perhaps I should stop using point sprites and just implement the particle system using quads. Uh.

flounder, can you please post a screenshot of what the fire looked like on your system? That'd help me a lot, because I get a feeling that you didn't see what I see on my system.

ViLiO, interesting, because I get a pretty high FPS on my system (see my system specs in my second post).

Qa303asmGuru, the application assumes you have hardware video acceleration :) Sorry no software version.

cNoob, it's a two-week multiplayer deathmatch game (with lots of eye candies) and we're starting it on monday. I'm also planning to keep a detailed diary for each and every hour, and I'm wondering if we can have it published somewhere on Gamedev.net - perhaps it'd be a good guide for other people. However, this is a subject for another topic and I'll post it in a days (perhaps on monday).

Thanks a lot for trying it out, everyone, I'll work on a more compatible version today and reply here the new version address. Cheers!
--I hate you.
Advertisement
Quote:
flounder, can you please post a screenshot of what the fire looked like on your system?

sure:

Quote:Original post by flounder
Quote:
flounder, can you please post a screenshot of what the fire looked like on your system?

sure:

I get this too. Looks sort of like a shot of the surface of the sun or something...sort of

My system:
256mb NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS PCI-E
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
DirectX 9.0c
1.5GB DDR RAM
-Dan- Can't never could do anything | DansKingdom.com | Dynamic Particle System Framework for XNA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement