[.net] Strange Visual Studio 2003 error

Started by
0 comments, last by benryves 17 years, 5 months ago
I have a C# project that I am trying to add a Con class to, it is inherited from a stat base class. When ever I try to go to the Base Class option it give me the following error: "Error on creating file. File aleardy exists or cannot write to file: con.cs" I have no idea why. There is no con.cs file. I have restarted the computer to make sure there are no file locks going on. Can someone test this to see if they get the same error? theTroll
Advertisement
Simple enough - you may not give files the names of reserved devices, such as aux, com1, or (in this case) the console device, con.

You can try this; run copy con test.txt on the command line, type a few words, press Ctrl+Z (end of file) and Enter. It will have copied the contents from the console device (what you just typed) to a new text file, test.txt.

Under DOS, you could run ctty com1 and "remote-control" your PC using a terminal program that was talking to your PC via its COM1 port (ctty con returning control to the console).

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement