what about graphic designers at ID?

Started by
11 comments, last by shadowisadog 17 years, 4 months ago
i agree to everyones idea of that the artists do wonder about the programming work and vice versa.

But i guess its like when you watch a beautiful actress in the movie or a billboard you get impressed with her beauty but you never give the attention for the makeup-man (i don't know the term actually) without whos work she will not look more beautiful then the girl next door or may be she would seems to be ugly if he is not talented enogh.

they can make a relatively normal game look wonderful isn't so.
Advertisement
I agree with RobN - name one other programmer at id who you know? Infact name another programmer from any company? The fact carmack gets alot of publicity doesn't mean programmers get all the glory and artists get none. Its just that you know carmack because he's a programmer and so are you, while artists DO know the lead artists on such games and have no idea about who Carmack is.

At my company the artists are always comparing art from different games and who did what and how - but mention Carmack and they have no idea. When they're talking about the artsits for 'God of War' or 'Warcraft III' I have no idea what their talking about. Everone gets their share of credit, its just unless your interested in that area you won't know about it. If you goto an art site and lookup carmack you'll probably find very little.
When it comes to a game, everyone has a job to do, and each part of the game development team is vital to the success of the project.

You can't really say that a graphics artist is more talented than a programmer. Sure a graphics artist is more talented at ART but programmers are more talented at PROGRAMMING. They are such different fields and both are vital, as you couldn't have a team of just programmers or just artists.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement