[web] load fail, sometimes ok but sometimes not

Started by
1 comment, last by markr 17 years, 5 months ago
hello all, I am being a big problem. the problem is when you open the url of a page of my web site the browse can't work stable, it sometimes suddenly stop during loading the page and after several refreshing, it goes on. ps: the new site have installed php accelerator. I don't know whethe it 's the accelerator cause the problem. I hope I can get some way to go over this problem, thank you
Advertisement
Are you getting timeout errors? Is the server slow or are you doing something that stresses the server? If you have server access, try turning on all logging options in Apache, PHP and the accellerator and see if you spot any problems.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

1. Does this happen in your development server, or is it only in production
2. Do you see errors on the Apache error log which you believe are related to this problem? If so, what are they?
3. Does the error occur without the PHP accelerator (or indeed without PHP) installed?

You may also want to consider:

- If the web server is crashing, running a debug version under the debugger to see where it's happening
- Using a network analyser such as Wireshark (formerly known as Ethereal) to monitor the connection to see what's happening on the network during failures
- "strace"'ing the web server during a failure (only do this on a single process, single threaded web server on your development box, obviously)

Mark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement