Its me again.

Started by
22 comments, last by TheUnbeliever 17 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by benryves
If you prefer to stick with Java, you can probably use Managed DirectX alongside J#.

Ewww. J# isn't Java, it's a language that just happens to look superficially like it. If you want fancy graphics though Java, then I totally recommend LWJGL. Basically it lets you do OpenGL, OpenAL and controller input.

Theres also Jogl as mentioned above. But that is just an OpenGL binding, and tends to be much less reliable (fullscreen support is particularly bad).
Advertisement
I have downloaded the Blender software.
For the past 3-4 days I have been reading, watching Blender Tutorials and praticing. My first 3D object was the m24 sniper rifle. I started to make the scope and everything was good, but when I inserted more details into the scope, I faced some weird problems. I could not select all vertices, therefore I could not rotate, grap, resize it or add new vertices. Can it be my graphic card ? I have the Nvidia GeForce 4000 MX. If it is my graphic card, what graphic card do you sugguest I buy (good for gaming and 3D modelling) ? If it is not my graphic card, can it be my Virtual Memory ? I have ... 374 ddram .
Hi, I do not know what is the problem. I am also new and haven't used Blender software.

There is no need for any upgrade may be when you get experienced you will need slightly more faster PC.

But if your looking for new graphic card then you should at least get 6200 which is a nice budget card or 6600GT which is more expensive card and also good for gamming. I think you have agp slot, so get agp card only not pcie. Geforce 4 mx card do not support DirectX 9 features like shader model. Geforce 6 and above do support directX 9.0c features including shader model 3 to some extent.

Virtual memory is not physical memory like ram, it is used only when ram is completely used. I do not think it is virtual setting problem.
Quote:Original post by kimiVirtual memory is not physical memory like ram, it is used only when ram is completely used. I do not think it is virtual setting problem.

Not quite entirely true (or at least, the first part of the first sentence is, as is the second sentence).

Explanation: Virtual memory is used on systems where both the hardware and systems software (read: operating system) support paging (although it can be implemented without hardware support, it becomes painfully slow). A page file is saved onto backing storage. Pages (logical sections of memory - 4kB/1MB/4MB in size on the IA-32 architecture) can then be 'swapped out' from memory - that is, they are marked as 'not-present' and their contents saved to backing storage. This allows the system to [appear to] use more memory than is available in physical memory. However, it can be done othertimes simply to save memory (when paging is done depends entirely on the operating system used).
[TheUnbeliever]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement