when to get a Wii

Started by
24 comments, last by Maega 17 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by phoenix99
I don’t know about how the other countries are dealing with this issue, but I saw on my news (from Ottawa) a couple of days ago that the federal government (Harper) is seriously considering passing a bill that would make scalping products on the internet to be an illegal act for any Canadian attempting to do so, and charges for both the buyer and seller involved in the transaction.
This probably relates to the recent allowing of the government to monitor the activities of Canadians on the internet because of security issues.
I wouldn’t doubt if the fines for committing this act ranged around $2000.

That's ridiculous. People enter into the transactions willingly. It's a freaking video game, it's not like you'd might need one to keep your liver working.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
Quote:Original post by phoenix99
I don’t know about how the other countries are dealing with this issue, but I saw on my news (from Ottawa) a couple of days ago that the federal government (Harper) is seriously considering passing a bill that would make scalping products on the internet to be an illegal act for any Canadian attempting to do so, and charges for both the buyer and seller involved in the transaction.
This probably relates to the recent allowing of the government to monitor the activities of Canadians on the internet because of security issues.
I wouldn’t doubt if the fines for committing this act ranged around $2000.

That's ridiculous. People enter into the transactions willingly. It's a freaking video game, it's not like you'd might need one to keep your liver working.

Sounds like some Canadians need an economics lesson.
Quote:Original post by Samith
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight

Sounds like some Canadians need an economics lesson.

You're completely right. We really do need some economic lessons that don't come from the US. Things like "tax cuts aren't worth killing support networks for your population" and "eliminating personal rights and freedoms is not good for the market".
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
Quote:Original post by Funkymunky

When do you guys think it will be the right time to buy one of these things?

never...
Haha, lots of good opinions guys, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll be waiting until they start releasing different colors, I'll bet by then they upgrade it in some requisite manner. Plus the price drop, and the stronger wiimote string. Add to that the time for games to prove themselves and my wallet will feel very satisfied.
Posting from my Wii. They added browser functionality a few days ago. It uses Opera.

Man, I wish I had a keyboard!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement