Help Maya 7.0 Hangs when DirectX Plugin Installed

Started by
3 comments, last by metachaos 17 years, 2 months ago
Could someone please help me? If I have the DirectX plugin loaded and then try to open a .ma file, the file will load, I will get "Result: 1" in the Script Editor and then Maya will hang. If I unload the DirectX plugin, then open the .ma file, then load the DirectX plugin again, Maya will crash. The .ma file was created from a .wrl file using wrl2ma.exe version 3.0 (the one that comes with Maya 8.5). I am using Maya 7.0 for this and the DirectX plugin has no errors on loading.
Advertisement
Read the ma file with a text editor it probably has something like 'requires maya "8.5";' in it, near the top. As these are now Autodesk products, asking them might be a good idea.

[Edit]
Just checked. WRL2MA is not supported by Maya 7.0
Odd. wrl2ma comes with Maya (both 7.0 and 8.5) and is found in the \bin folder, same place as the Maya executable. I used the version that came with 8.5 because it made a 7.0 Maya .ma file. The version that comes with 7.0 makes a Maya 3.0 compatible file.
The site I read it from said that the later versions of wrl2ma didn't work with maya 7.0, and you said you were using the one from 8.5. I thought you must have been having some problem with the one that came with 7.0.
Thank you for looking, but I don't think that is what the problem is. I've been able to open the files up and save them, which should (I hope) get rid of any formatting that is not compatible.

I have also found a workaround that might work. If not, I'll post here again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement