Is there a nother exporter for .X files for 3dsmax other then pandasoft.

Started by
4 comments, last by Urchin 17 years, 1 month ago
Hi all, For the life of me I can't convert a 3dsmax mesh(basic mesh of to beams one was mirrored and this is the one that does not come out right its rotated 90 degrees to the other and its black, when viewed in the dx mview program). Iv tryed to reset the x forms on the mirrored mesh but it turns it into a strange out line but it is now in the right position but. I'm also new to all this 3ds max stuff. is it the panda soft exporter or is it me help please.
Advertisement
There's the KW Exporter stickied in the DX forums. There's also Microsoft's exporter but I don't think that's very well maintained these days.

Game Programming Blog: www.mattnewport.com/blog

Quote:Original post by ankhd
Hi all, For the life of me I can't convert a 3dsmax mesh(basic mesh of to beams one was mirrored and this is the one that does not come out right its rotated 90 degrees to the other and its black, when viewed in the dx mview program).
Iv tryed to reset the x forms on the mirrored mesh but it turns it into a strange out line but it is now in the right position but.
I'm also new to all this 3ds max stuff. is it the panda soft exporter or is it me help please.

May have found why it does this.
well when I turn of animations in the pandasoft exporter the mirrored mesh works fine. but how do you do mirroring and mirror other mesh in the scene, does this help any one.
I use the microsoft exporter and it works great.
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)
Isn't there a 3DSMax .x exporter in the DirectX SDK?
Is this mirroring a modifier. If it is then you must collapse all modifiers before exporting the mesh.

I have used the panda and the microsoft exporter for max and I think both need all the modifiers to be collapsed before exporting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement