gun4hire needed

Started by
6 comments, last by Axiverse 17 years, 1 month ago
I was wondering if you might know of a open source hack-n-back or RTS 3D game, or anything that could be modified as such with less effort than ground up? Or where I might look? BTW, what does the term cloaking mean in relation to game mods? We have a limited budget and may need a gun4hire.
Advertisement
What kind of RTS game? How modable? And what do you mean by 'hack-n-back?' Do you mean hack-n-slash?

WarCraft III's World Editor is very powerfull. You can do all kinds of stuff with it. You can even import models and textures to give it a more futuristic feel if you want.

If you don't mind doing a TBS, and your looking for a grander scale, then i suggest Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords. GalCiv II gets almost all of its data from xml files, and is (almost) completely modable.
Thank you StormWeaver!
What kind of RTS game? Something like the Battle for Middle Earth but less fantisy and more real historical wars. How modable? Not very much, perhaps a few simple side quests. And what do you mean by 'hack-n-back?' Do you mean hack-n-slash?
hack-in-bash is what I meant, sorry, same as slash I suppose.

WarCraft III's World Editor is very powerfull.
Yes but can you use this to develope a game for resale? What about licencing.

If you don't mind doing a TBS, and your looking for a grander scale, then i suggest Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords. GalCiv II gets almost all of its data from xml files, and is (almost) completely modable.

Again thanks but what would the licencing issues be if we were to market and sell the game?

Many thanks!!! Alex
I've heard

visual c# .net http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/default.aspx
xna game studio
are ways to make x-box games on the cheap.

where can I go, if I don't want to make the game myself... how best can I find a gun4hire? someone who knows xna pretty well.
Help Wanted. Make sure you read this first though.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

that's great... i will post there too... but would still like some answers to my last few questions on this thread before i go there. the more we know the better we know what to look for in help.

thx!
The blunt answer is that at this stage of learning, you should not be thinking about selling your game at all as it is clear that you are not ready given the posts in this thread.

Get the project done, learn from the mistakes and apply them to your next project. At that point you will have a much clearer idea of what the project will involve without the added responsibilty of selling/marketing the game and getting the whole thing released.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

About the Xbox, I don't think consoles play RTS games very well. We have yet to see a successful RTS on a console, but we have seen many flops.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement