Would appreciate feedback on portfolio

Started by
4 comments, last by lougv22 17 years, 1 month ago
Hi all, I just finished work on my portfolio. I am looking for a job and building the portfolio is for the purpose of demonstrating my skills to future employers. Anyway, here it is: http://louvassilev.awardspace.com/ Any feedback will be appreciated.
Advertisement
The walking man thing is neat, though I'm more familiar with other types of portfolios. Otherwise I would say don't compare yourself to other games to much. It may be all you have, but as of now 2/3 of what you've done is someone else's work.

EDIT
Whoops... sorry i only saw the games section at first.
I can't seem to bring up the web site.
I cant fault your resume.

Clearly presented and well written.

All impressive stuff. Looks like youve had alot of experience in the field.

I will however criticise your website. Purely on Asthetics.
I did find it a bit drab and dull. Grey and black seems a bit oppresive and depressing.

I would like to see a brighter more uplifting color scheme.

Just my personal taste of course.

Good luck with it.

KJM
Hey,

In terms of content, I think the site it great. Summaries, resume, etc. all seem very professional and well-written.

However, I do think that the design of the site is fairly poor. The most important flaws that stand out to me are:

1. At 800x600 res, I have to scroll horizontally to read certain things. (Yea, I know 800x600 is pretty low-res these day.)
2. The tables look sloppy and unprofessional; especially the tables with missing cells.
3. Screenshots are too small.
4. You should have separate thumbnail images (bilinear filter them) which maintain the aspect ratio of the full-size screenshots (so that they don't look stretched).
5. Positioning of game summary table seems too close to the top and too far from the left (I'm guessing your fighting with the table layout)
6. It would be nice if the link graphic for the section I'm in to highlight so I know what page I'm on.
7. Instead of individual pages for each game, consider putting game info, screenshots, etc. for all 3 games on 1 page. Same with the "Other programs" page. Since it's not a lot of content, it's easier to read and it'll be easier for you to maintain.

I'm looking for a small project to do (for free) to improve my web design and graphic design skills, and your site might be fun to do. Email me if your interested (code would be all CSS and XHTML).
Thank you all who responded to this thread. As you can see, graphical design is not one of my strengths. I am a hard core programmer after all. Although I will need to learn some design skills if I am going to be in the game industry.

directrix, check your email.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement