Composer for hire - commission music, themes, etc for your projects

Started by
5 comments, last by Cataldomedia 17 years, 1 month ago
Professional composer available to write music for your projects, any style, any instrumentation required or desired. Full professional rig at your service, with optional access to any combination of live players (if live players are budgeted - to our mutual dismay they tend to want to be paid ) Rates are reasonably negotiable as I know many in the community are either hobbyists or independent developers, like myself. Please visit my website for samples of my work and more about me: www.music.cataldomedia.com Feel free to write to me either here on the forums or through my contact information at the site to discuss the needs and details of your project.
www.music.cataldomedia.com
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Cataldomedia
optional access to any combination of live players (if live players are budgeted - to our mutual dismay they tend to want to be paid)

You, the composer, are dismayed that the other musicians want to be paid? That doesn't show much respect for the musicians with whom you work.
I would have thought the original comment was meant somewhat as a joke.
There are many knowledgable and helpful people here......

But be warned! For whatever reason humor tends to be taken out of context quite a bit.

-Rob
Rob Howard Music Production, the official music and sound provider for The Broken Hourglass, a new CRPG by Planewalker Games.
Yes, that part was meant as a little humour, I've done my share as a session player too - it is only natural that any professional should wish to have the just compensation for their efforts.

My apologies for any misunderstanding!
Yes, that part was meant as a little humour, I've done my share as a session player too - it is only natural that any professional should wish to have the just compensation for their efforts.

Oops, I obviously missed the humorous tone. [embarrass]

Though, you'd probably be amazed at some of the meetings I've attended (for projects with real budgets) where when the topic of paying musicians comes up and the reply is, "They should WANT to do this because it's such great exposure for them."

Yeah dude, the 4th viola player will never have to work for scale again! Your project will catapult her to the big time! [lol]

...I'll shut up now before I completely hijack your thread.
Quote:Original post by Muzo72

Oops, I obviously missed the humorous tone. [embarrass]

Though, you'd probably be amazed at some of the meetings I've attended (for projects with real budgets) where when the topic of paying musicians comes up and the reply is, "They should WANT to do this because it's such great exposure for them."

Yeah dude, the 4th viola player will never have to work for scale again! Your project will catapult her to the big time! [lol]

...I'll shut up now before I completely hijack your thread.

Not to worry, rereading my orignal post I can see how the humour could be missed in text (probably should have had a smiley with it [wink]), the irony of it all being that I was poking fun at just those sort of situations.

[lol] Ah yes, thats how all the great violists get their big break!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement