World's most livable cities

Started by
50 comments, last by Steadtler 16 years, 11 months ago
what were the criteria for a city to actually be considered for the list?
leipzig (germany) is on 67, but dresden doesn't show up anywhere - although it's identical in population (and better of course [grin] ).
------------------------------------------------------------Jawohl, Herr Oberst!
Advertisement
Guess I best learn German, since most cities there are German!
The criteria must have factored in opportunities for executives to land high paying jobs as well because these cities are all fairly major economic or political hubs. Either way, I'm surprised Baghdad made the list at all.

It sounds like they had a semi-arbitrary pool of cities to begin with.
----Bart
Position 215 is baghdad. I may not be up to date on my current affairs but I was under the impression it's not a great place to be, what with daily gunfights and road side bombings etc... apart from that I'm sure it's a great place!
Quote:Original post by Salsa
Personally I find it laughable how they ranked Detroit and Washington DC... as well as a number of other entries.

Detroit is one of the most dangerous cities to live in, and it's getting worse thanks to how FUBARed GM and Ford are.

I can't believe they ranked it as high as they did.
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Quote:Original post by necromancer_df
Position 215 is baghdad. I may not be up to date on my current affairs but I was under the impression it's not a great place to be, what with daily gunfights and road side bombings etc... apart from that I'm sure it's a great place!

Quote:Mercer collected the data between September and November of 2006 and considered 215 cities around the globe.

You do realize it's the lowest ranked city considered right? Its index is even less than half of number 214's index. That means they don't consider it a great place to be either. Not all cities are considered (I live in a town with a population of 16k and would be surprised to find my town in the table).
Vancouver is amazing. I definitely think it deserves such a high rank. There are sushi places open until 4 am on Granville street! Clearly a winner.
auckland num5 WTF its a shithole (ive been to all in the top10, the swiss + sydney + perhaps vancouver (if theyll relax the drinking laws), also dusseldorf ild rate as nice)
Vancouver FTW!
w00t San Francisco #28.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement