Do you believe in god?

Started by
2,115 comments, last by Zmurf 16 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by kanzler
But I guess the rather disrespectful picture posted above already gave you a clue.

Why d'ya gotta hate on ceiling cat?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by GCoda
Please everyone, feel free to explain why you don't believe if you don't, like some posters did.

This is so asking for a Letterman style "Top 10 reasons NOT to believe in God!" list. [grin]
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Quote:Original post by kanzler
rather disrespectful picture

For the humor-impaired, it's called a joke.
not really :)

Everything is better with Metal.

I do, but not your God.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk
I believe that God does not exist, that immortal souls do not exist, that life has no purpose other than the one we choose, that ethics are a consequence of our faiths and our gregarious instincts, and that death is the final and irreversible disappearence of consciousness and identity. I believe that the human mind is not truly free, but rather determined by physical processes and events that are beyond our current comprehension, but I do consider the illusion of freedom convincing enough that we should act as if it were real. I also believe the human mind and body to be so inherently flawed, it's not even funny anymore.

I also believe Chuck Norris is so awesome, he's the most annoying internet meme ever!

what he said.
I definately do. I think that to believe that there is no God or a superior being that created the universe requires more faith than someone who believes in God.
The world is too complicated to have evolved. Anyway if it evolved then we should expect life on all the other planets that evolved according to the planets' environment.
I believe in God, but I don't imagine him as a "person" like he's depicted in the bible.
Quote:Original post by miminawewe
The world is too complicated to have evolved.

Oh? How can you tell? Have you tested the maximum possible complexity of evolved things? Since you haven't evolved anything like the world yourself, you're hardly qualified to say whether it is "too complicated to have evolved".

On the other hand, the world (or most species living on it, anyway) are definitely far too flawed to have been designed. (and I can say that because we humans are fairly good judges of good/bad design, having designed a fair amount of things ourselves, whereas we're pretty clueless when it comes to evolution)

At least unless you believe in a drunk, stoned god. [grin]

Quote:Original post by Penten
Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk
I believe that God does not exist, that immortal souls do not exist, that life has no purpose other than the one we choose, that ethics are a consequence of our faiths and our gregarious instincts, and that death is the final and irreversible disappearence of consciousness and identity. I believe that the human mind is not truly free, but rather determined by physical processes and events that are beyond our current comprehension, but I do consider the illusion of freedom convincing enough that we should act as if it were real. I also believe the human mind and body to be so inherently flawed, it's not even funny anymore.

I also believe Chuck Norris is so awesome, he's the most annoying internet meme ever!

what he said.

What he said.
Nope

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement