Unhandled Exception Error

Started by
11 comments, last by superpig 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by bobFritzelpuff
Erm.... no idea how to do that. Sorry, I'm self taught, and the most I can do with debugging is run the basic debugging, setting break points, reading the output, and seeing what line things break on. I haven't been able to find any good debugger documentation, because so many of them are so different.

Assuming that you use Microsoft Visual Studio, you may find my article handy. Failing that, I assume you tried looking at the documentation that came with your software?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
Thanks. I did, of course, read the MSVC documentation and the like, my biggest problem with debugging during a DirectX program I've written is the fact that the directX program is running fullscreen, so I have to terminate the program in order to get back to the debugger - is there a better way of doing this?
Quote:Original post by bobFritzelpuff
my biggest problem with debugging during a DirectX program I've written is the fact that the directX program is running fullscreen, so I have to terminate the program in order to get back to the debugger - is there a better way of doing this?
Change your code so that the program runs in a window, or buy a second monitor.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement