How to get shader information into the .x file??

Started by
3 comments, last by CodeBoyCjy 16 years, 11 months ago
Hey I'm wondering how to get some shader information into .x file?? Is there some tools or some plugins for 3dsMax ?? I remember there is a template called Effect in the .x file , but I never generate it by some tools , I want to use shader in my code , but I don't know how to get the right file format!!! And by the way , there is another question which confuses me for a long time, I want to use .dds file as my texture format , but the panda exporter don't support it which means if you want to use .dds as your texture , you have to generate txt file not binary file , and change it by hand . But I want to use both binary .x file and dds file .Is there some way to solve it ??? I appreciate your help!!!!
Advertisement
I know that in 3dsmax you can test your .fxs in the viewport by assigning a DirectX Shader material to your object and loading the fx. Look at the docs for details.

Panda exports any image file format(including DDS). Its just you select the Copy Texture Map radio button at the Textures & .fx Files tab.
does max5 support DirectX shader??or some higher version
Quote:Original post by CodeBoyCjy
does max5 support DirectX shader??or some higher version

Yes. ISTR the "DirectX 9 Shader Material" was added around 3DS Max version 4 or 5 so should be available either by default or as a download from their website.

Alternatively there are things like: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/IO_3dsmaxCgFXPlugin.html

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

I have installed 3ds max7.0

But I found there is little shader supporting in the direct3D shader material.
It just supports light map and bump metal map . just the two kinds of shader.
What confuses me most is that I don't know how to export it rightly?(I use panda exporter )

why are there only two kinds of shader supported?? Can I load Shaders script from existing .fx file(such as file generate from rendermonkey) .

I appreciate your help!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement