Game Crashing in Different Machines

Started by
1 comment, last by wack 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I have made a game using SDL. The game runs fine in some machine,but it crashes in some machine giving weird errors. In some machine it crash while game was running. In some machine it gives the error at the start (Application Error) Do I have to programme different for diferent graphics card or processors,etc. Or the problem lies somewhere else. Can anybody help me regarding this. Thanks in Advance.
Advertisement
Quote:Do I have to programme different for diferent graphics card or processors,etc.
Or the problem lies somewhere else.

Quite frequently, yes. While hardware is generally compatible, there's plenty of corner cases where it's not consistent.

But more likely the problem is in your code.

Make sure you check and log all the errors and return values your application reports, so at least you know where to start.
Not much information to work from, but if your game uses multiple threads and has synchronization problems, those problems might surface themselves more easily on dual-core machines or machines with multiple processors, as (unlike single core sytems) your threads may in fact be executing simultaneously.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement