Unigine v0.4 demo with dual render

Started by
1 comment, last by chillypacman 16 years, 11 months ago
A new demo, which is based on forthcoming Unigine v0.4 engine, is available. The demo shows a lot of modern visual effects and works either on Windows and Linux. There is also a benchmark in the demo, which can be used to compare performance in Direct3D and OpenGL. Features: * Up to 500k polygones per frame * 5 dynamic lights * HDR rendering * Parallax occlusion mapping * Ambient occlusion mapping * Translucence * Volumetric light and fog * Glow * Particle systems * Postprocessing: motion blur, radial blur, depth of field, color correction, Sobel filter, refraction, stereo mode Unigine engine: Unigine v0.4 is a brand new version of cross-platform middleware for real-time virtual worlds, standing on the bleeding edge of technology. Unigine provide 3D render, physics, GUI, scripting system, sound support and much more. Release is scheduled on this autumn. This middleware is aimed to the wide market, so there are various licenses of Unigine, including special ones for independent developers. Prior to official Unigine v0.4 release there are special discount prices are in action.
Advertisement
I think your engine is amazing, I really like the radial blur...I gotta look into that myself ;-)

Only tested DirectX Fullscreen, got about 150-200FPS on Vista w/
2 GIG RAM
Intel CoreDuo @ 2.4GHZ
Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB

Really amazing demo, I remember checking out some of your older engine demos 0.3 I think.

I would be curious to see how the engine handles large areas...for instance why not just have 50 of those rooms interconnected [just duplicate the room] to show the scene managment aspects of the engine?

There were no animated characters, most practical game scenes would have at least 10 animated characters, and a much larger environment...maybe I missed the "door to the other rooms" but what I saw looked amazing.

The collision detection on the statues was great as well.

Looking at some of the other images on your site, I really wish you guys would include more stuff in the demo [grin]

Keep up the good work!

- Danny
amazing demo, though it only runs at 20fps (barely) on my PC which isn't necessarily a bad thing given my PC is kind of outdated

P4 3.2ghz 64bit
ATI Radeon X700 128mbram
1 gigabyte ram

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement