Most Used 3D Modeling software?

Started by
6 comments, last by Akira52803 16 years, 11 months ago
Anybody know one of the most used Free 3D Modeling software, reason is it might be supported easier for finding tutorials and information on how to use the software. I'm basically trying to get good at it for the next yr or so and get some game characters rolling.
Advertisement
Blender.

http://www.blender.org/
thanks, I got Blender on my comp already. If anyone thinks otherwise please post.
Wings 3D?
You won't find anything better than blender, especially anything that is free. Blender topped the usage charts in the last issue of 3D world.
AFAIK Blender is the only free 3d package that can compete with professional tools. You wont most probably find it GUI easy to use, but it's the way to go...
Another consideration, while not free, is Milkshape 3D. It is only $25, and supports a lot of formats right out of the box. I haven't used it too extensively, but the interface is a little more standard than Blender.

I know only that which I know, but I do not know what I know.
If you want just some in general, even though they cost big dollars, 3D Studio Max, or Maya. I personally have 3DSM, blender, and Wings 3D.
Intel Pentium D Processor 830 w/2 cores running at 3.0 GHz4 GiGs Kingston DDR2 MemoryNVidia GeForce 8600 GTS250 GiG SATA Hard drive400 GiG SATA Hard drive

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement