sorry to seem rude

Started by
16 comments, last by hurtCORE 16 years, 10 months ago
You are in luck then I guess, as XNA Game Studio Express comes with a starter kit that is in fact a 2D shooter. It is called Spacewar and has all the stuff you need to make your own shooter.

Case Closed [smile]

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by ViLiO
You are in luck then I guess, as XNA Game Studio Express comes with a starter kit that is in fact a 2D shooter. It is called Spacewar and has all the stuff you need to make your own shooter.

Case Closed [smile]

Regards,
ViLiO

While true, the Spacewar code is pretty obfuscated and not ideal to learn to program a game from, IMO.
wow, that was helpful, thanks rly =) im gonna go mess around with it right now =D
thanks, i already watched and completed the first two tutorials, you rly put me on the right track there vilio

and driv3mefar, im not really trying to program a full game, as much as showcase the variables, and the stuff it takes and some programing in a class exposition =) if you would like to contribute any further please tell me your opinion =)
LOL, so you have an exceptionally large project due in under a week which your current degree of study requires be done, and you haven't started. So you're looking for help in the form of a totally completed project's source.

Uh huh, right.

I don't mean to be rude, but people like you make me sick.

Quote:Original post by PaulCesar
Arnt you supposed to do you own programming? And judging by your response as to not caring which language, and asking for the "source code for this". Bare minimum this is starting to go against the forum rules on homework now.

QFT.

Quote:Original post by Hodgman
Quote:Original post by hurtCORE
im not asking for a game man, just a character in a blank screen that moves according to input would do, sorry, i know my question sounded kind of weird.

Mushu, you obviously haven't read the entire thread (as indicated by the fact that the above two quotes seem contradictory), and you're post is nothing but an insult directed at the OP. There's no need to add more hostility to gamedev.net...

I have read the entire thread. I don't see how that contradicts my post. He's asking for complete source for something that would essentially qualify as his entire project. It doesn't matter if it's a game, or a game demo (as he's obviously set his sights lower), it's still both breaking the forum rules, and a disgrace to the field.

There's plenty of people in my degree program who honestly don't know how to program, simply because they can go on the internet and piece together code from various sources and get a passing grade. Or, hell, just steal code from someone else in the class. My roommates have even asked me for a copy of MY assignment so that they could "learn" from it.

Sorry, that's bullshit. There's no reason I shouldn't be hostile - it's something I have a serious gripe with. If you're not going to code, then DON'T BE A PROGRAMMER. It's as simple as that.

If anything, I'm doing him and his future co-workers a favor.

As a final note, I find it interesting that a Google search for "please program a game for me" has a link to GD.net on the first page. Huh.

[Edited by - Mushu on June 11, 2007 11:14:58 PM]
Quote:Original post by hurtCORE
im not asking for a game man, just a character in a blank screen that moves according to input would do, sorry, i know my question sounded kind of weird.
Quote:Original post by Mushu
So you're looking for help in the form of a totally completed project's source.

I don't mean to be rude, but people like you make me sick.

Mushu, you obviously haven't read the entire thread (as indicated by the fact that the above two quotes seem contradictory), and you're post is nothing but an insult directed at the OP. There's no need to add more hostility to gamedev.net...

[edit]Sorry to make waves, I'm just trying to be helpful by suggesting that your comment isn't making this forum a friendlier place.

Your comment seemed contradictory because you said he was looking for a completed project's source. (However, if you actually meant "complete source for an example project" then I can see how it isn't contradictory.)

Quote:Original post by Mushu
As a final note, I find it interesting that a Google search for "please program a game for me" has a link to GD.net on the first page. Huh.

Yes, it links to a thread titled "define being a game designer please".
It's also interesting that a google search for ""please program a game for me"" returns no results at all...
Just as "interesting" is that Mushu will program assignments for newbies also links to gamedev.net!! OMG TEH SEACH TERM MUST BE TRUE!! ;P

Quote:Sorry, that's bullshit. There's no reason I shouldn't be hostile - it's something I have a serious gripe with. If you're not going to code, then DON'T BE A PROGRAMMER. It's as simple as that.

Yes, there is a reason; it's called being tolerant. That's how you form a friendly community. The rules also tell you not to insult people, there's another reason to practice some tact and keep your hostility to yourself.

If you want to tell him that it's wrong to ask for source code to use as homework, then do so. Thats fine! Just plz don't be aggressive about it.

[Edited by - Hodgman on June 17, 2007 11:24:44 PM]
jesus, sorry for causing such an uproar, i just needed help man =/ if you read above you would have seen that i am not looking for a project to present as my own, i was looking for examples, and stuff, mushu, chill out man...

btw, im just posting again to let you all know im doing fine with spacewars, im leaning to manipulate the game and make changes, since thats all my project was about, how games are made... so as you can see, im not trying to be a freeloader or anything man, =( calm down =/
soo, i turned in my project on how to create games, and got a good score... i learned to manipulate XNA and c# and demonstrated it with some models, different situations, variables, all good =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement