sorry to seem rude

Started by
16 comments, last by hurtCORE 16 years, 10 months ago
hi guys, my name is leo, im 16 and i study senior year in Venezuela. for my last year of school, i need to make a project, seeing as how i am in computing specialty... i decided to make a quick sample of a 2d shooter, and i don't know very well how this functions.. i can do lots of stuff, and get as far as programming integrated databases in visual basic, or graphic positioning and simple programs on c++, but this game stuff really caught me by surprise, and i would be really glad, if maybe someone could give me a short source code, and explain how to run it.... doesn't matter if its for C sharp, or C+ as long as its visual studio compatible, no need to explain the algorithm either, ill understand once i read it... just please if someone could at least point em in the right direction, and give me a little help =) that would be appreciated... Deadline is Thursday, so i am pretty much desperate, nothing fancy just a simple example of movement, and AI. Thanks guys =D
Advertisement
SHMUP DEV

All sorts of tutorials and info on developing 2D shooters. Hopefully this helps.

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

thank you, =)

if anyone else wants to pitch in and help make it easier on me, that would be great guys =)
If you've never programmed a game before a "simple 2d shooter" would take you about 6 months to develop (assuming you are already really good at the fundamentals of programming). I'd say you aimed way too high for this project. I'd suggest going to your professor and suggesting a new project that's do-able in your now 3-day timeframe

-me
im pretty comfortable with programming fundamentals, but i really cant change the project now, really it doesn't need to be a simple 2d shooter, i mean just a demo, showcasing a simple graphic moving through keyboard user input, would be great, if any of you know where i can find a source code, that would be simple enough to setup from here, that would be great!
Arnt you supposed to do you own programming? And judging by your response as to not caring which language, and asking for the "source code for this". Bare minimum this is starting to go against the forum rules on homework now.
For those that missed the finer points:

This is about asking for a workable 2D style game with basic concepts that will serve as homework project due on Thursday. Working, compilable code, complete and ready for presentation.

Or: gamedev, please do my term course-work.
I suspect you should be using something like Game Maker instead of learning how to program a game from the ground up.
haha, ok you guys are just getting the wrong vibe, ill be more specific, i am right now trying to use XNA(c sharp) but i just really am having a tough time with tutorials from this site, link, wich seem to be the simplest.

i am not asking somebody to make me a game, no way, im just asking for help in basics, like collision detection, and keyboard input, i don't even need a background, just the basics to help get me started... i have been trying to use this tutorial link but i really dont understand how the variables work, or how its even supposed to run, this is my first time using XNA and coding in C sharp!

sorry if this might seem wrong, and i know it might come off kind of weird, but dont over think it, i mean, im just asking for help in the lowest of the basics, please im not trying to start any flame wars or get myself banned =/
also sorry to double post, but

@ Antheus

im not asking for a game man, just a character in a blank screen that moves according to input would do, sorry, i know my question sounded kind of weird.

@ everyone else, thanks, up until now, this has been helpful =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement