How to render HAIR

Started by
7 comments, last by thuong 16 years, 10 months ago
Hi All, i want render Hair in Direct3D the same MAYA, can? pls see link : Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net, anybody have ideas, think, can share with me, thanks very much. David, [Edited by - thuong on June 18, 2007 2:04:13 AM]
Advertisement
Looks like a few triangles with a hair texture on them, and alpha at the end. Have you tried anything like that?
Hi Evil Steve,
Thanks very much

I had try enable alpha transparent, blending but it bad, can you help me, how to set alpha transparent and alpha blending good?

David,
Use alpha testing too ;)
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)
thuong,

Can you show us a screenshot of how it looks "bad". Maybe then we can provide better suggestions.
Hi honayboyz,
Thanks very much,

Following is capture image from my rendering:

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net

[Edited by - thuong on June 17, 2007 11:05:19 PM]
From that picture, it looks like you have alpha testing enabled, but not alpha blending.

Copy&Pasted from a tutorial I found with google:
m_pDirect3DDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE,true);		//alpha blending enabledm_pDirect3DDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_SRCBLEND,D3DBLEND_SRCALPHA);	//source blend factorm_pDirect3DDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_DESTBLEND,D3DBLEND_INVSRCALPHA);	//destination blend factorm_pDirect3DDevice->SetTextureStageState(0,D3DTSS_ALPHAARG1,D3DTA_TEXTURE);	//alpha from texture
Hi Hodgman,
Thanks very much,

Yes, you are correct, i just enable testing alpha, i will try to enable blending alpha.
I had try, but still not like MAYA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement