OOP Programming in C++ By Robert Lafore - is it good ?

Started by
4 comments, last by coderx75 16 years, 10 months ago
Is the book, Object Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore good? Not many books are available where I live. Just want to check with you guys if the books is alright and doesn't teach any "wrong" stuff. I am not a complete c++ newbie, just rusty and looking to brush up my c++ skills and also wanted a book for reference.
Advertisement
Read the review.
GameDev has it in books section too: click
Tadd- WarbleWare
Quote:Original post by hanifv
Not many books are available where I live.

You should really try out amazon. I had hard times getting books too until I found out how nice that site was (there are TONS of programming books, including some very specialized that few "physical" bookstores have).

Thanks a lot guys. Most reviews I read suggest that its a good book. Some of the reviews say its not good for complete beginners, but since I am not one, I will be fine. I can't buy online for now, so amazon won't be helpful. But I will go and buy this from the book store today. Thanks again guys.

4 1/2 stars (out of 5) from 25 reviewers on Amazon can't be too bad. I haven't read it but I'd suggest "Pragmatic Programmer", "Code Complete" and "Object-Oriented Design Patterns".
Quit screwin' around! - Brock Samson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement