Photoshop 6.0 help with tga files !

Started by
12 comments, last by Jarrod1937 16 years, 9 months ago
I worked on them last night.

Somehow I've been able to save one of these pics with no black border showing in the game.

However I did this and it was very late. I can't replicate what I did that night. Somthing like that : I must remove the backgound in a .psd file, but I must leave it transparent instead of green. After well can't remember.

It's definately photoshop.
If you could just send me any .tga pic you saved with photoshop containing green color, I could test it in my program to see if a black border appear. thanks.

I am going nuts with this.
Advertisement
ok, i sent you some altered files. however since you gave me one file that works and another that didn't here are some things that i noticed that differed.
1.)white outline in the one that shows a black outline, my files i sent you fix this.
2.)both saved as rgb, 8 bits per channel, and 3 channels total (24 bit tga), so there is no alpha channel to worry about in figuring out the problem.
3.)one very important fact is that nearly all video cards through some hardware requirement highly prefer textures to the power of 2 (it may or may not be a hardware requirement, i'm not a programmer). the one you gave me that works is 256x256, the one you gave me that shows up in the game but has a black outline is 330x400, which is not to the power of 2.
power of 2 res goes like
8x8, 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048, or in combos of each other like 256x32, 1024x512...etc

so try making your textures in the power of 2 and see if that fixes the problem or not.
beyond this my only other suggestion would be the generate transparency through the use of an 8 bit alpha channel to store the transparency info.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
You're not a programmer, but you're a darn good debugger :)
Yep I was suspecting alpha channel, but I did not use one by saving in 24 bits/pixels.

And as soon as I reduced my image to 256X256, guess what ?

no more black border !!

And the files you sent me were showing black borders. (they were 330X400)

I could have spend weeks before finding this.

You saved me a lot of time. I couldn't thank you enough for this.

Quote:Original post by Juksosah
You're not a programmer, but you're a darn good debugger :)
Yep I was suspecting alpha channel, but I did not use one by saving in 24 bits/pixels.

And as soon as I reduced my image to 256X256, guess what ?

no more black border !!

And the files you sent me were showing black borders. (they were 330X400)

I could have spend weeks before finding this.

You saved me a lot of time. I couldn't thank you enough for this.

oh, its np really, you can ask me anytime you have any questions/problems and i'll see if i can help.

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement