Endless Visual C++ 2005 problems...

Started by
16 comments, last by Evil Steve 16 years, 9 months ago
I ran the installer and let it do everything. The only thing i changed was commenting out the lines that didnt let me create dlls or windows applications.
Any ideas on how to fix it?
Advertisement
Nuking it from orbit and reinstalling is one option, but that should be a last resort.

Open the nb30.h header file and look for the error message (it's probably a #pragma directive). The look at the #ifdef or similar preprocessor code that would cause that error message to fire. It might give you some hints as to why you are getting the message.
nb30.h =
#ifdef __FLAT__
#include <win32\nb30.h>
#else
#error nb30.h can only be used in a Win32 Application
#endif

if i define __FLAT__, when i compile i get about 100 other "warning C4068: unknown pragma" error:(
__FLAT__ should not be forcibly defined (by you). What kind of machine and OS are you running on? __FLAT__ is, iirc, related to enable or disabling the flat memory model for old machines.

What does the code you are compiling look like, and are there any other errors? Are you sure you following the installation instructions exactly? Which version of the Platform SDK did you install?
this is the folder it istaleed to "Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2"

win32 and the code just has winmain and a small window procedure that returns everything. In winmain it doesnt do anything it returns immediately
this is the folder it istaleed to "Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2"

windows xp and the code just has winmain and a small window procedure that returns everything. In winmain it doesnt do anything it returns immediately
this is the folder it installed to "Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2"

windows xp and the code just has winmain and a small window procedure that returns everything. In winmain it doesnt do anything it returns immediately
Can you open your .vcproj file in notepad, and paste the contents here (in [ source ] tags, please)? It sounds like a screwy project setting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement