making my own level loader, tips?

Started by
10 comments, last by speciesUnknown 16 years, 9 months ago
I think I will do the first thing you suggested. 3d World Studio allows me to export to "Point Entity List" (as a .txt) and it shows all of my entities with there positions and classes.

For some reason, it seems that Irrlicht has zero support for entities.

Irrlicht does load bsp, but 3d World studio doesn't export to it, and I don't want to go through the trouble of converting my b3d (or .3dw) to bsp. Instead I think that I will use b3d, because so far it works great in the engine, but I'll make one of those entity lists for each of my levels. Is doing this practical? I'm assuming thats the reason why 3d World Studio has the ability to export an entity list, right?

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it.

BTW: Doing this with the entity list would save me a LOT of time and effort, I hope its a practical thing to do.

^^^ BEST COMMUNITY IN THE WORLD ^^^
"If I were a philosopher, I might argue that an array name's type is not equivalent to its equivalent. But I'm not a philosopher, so when I suggest something like that, I'm not a philosopher; I'm only being equivalent to a philosopher.""Saturn ascends, choose one or ten. hang on or be humbled again." - Tool
Advertisement
glad to be of help to the community which helped me. web forums were a good invention.
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement