european . . . .

Started by
43 comments, last by RSC_x 16 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by RedDrake
Hehe funy when I remeber mentioning similar (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=456187) things about today games, but got thrashed, becouse i don't like every game that comes out from EA :D
[btw, we seem to like the same games :D]

Well, you where a bit more ... expressive ... than I've been, about how much you dislike EA's businness plan [lol].

Don't get me wrong, there are expensions that I like and buy (Lord of Destruction, Broodwar, Civilizations' expensions for exemple). It's just that I dislike sports games and it happens that EA makes a lot of that kind.

I won't engage in a debate over the quality of their games because I know how painfully hard [dead] it is to try to produce something of great quality and coherence when working on a team (and I don't even work in videogames...). Hell, I do enjoy playing Simcity 4 or NFS from time to time.

And, as a final note, I'll add that I don't care what other people buy, it's their money, not mine. If I can show them a game that I like and they like it too, then fine, but I won't enforce my tastes on them.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Tesseract
If you win you get to keep what's left of your cow.

And since you're French, even if theres nothing left of the cow by end-game, the government will give you two fresh cows to compensate.
@Evildog - I'm from Romania too. You shouln't be ashamed the president said during Bill Gate's visit that piracy helped local community to develop tech skills. It is the truth. If it wasn't piracy I wouldn't be able now to work in a good paid position being able to buy legal software and more, create new games (I work in the industry). You should see the big picture, not only be restricted to a set of rules - piracy is bad. Recently, Microsoft started to share some software free for educational purposes so it's almost the same thing. Today, we give back more than we have stolen someday.

@Soviet - Nazi main problem was Hitler and his fantasies. He was suffering from mental illness and the Germans suffered a lot before he came to power. It was like a revenge which shouln't take place anyway. Romania fought as german ally against Russia because we couldn't stand a chance against its military power. It was a decision made by that day leaders in order to protect the people. Later, the decision was bad as the Soviet took revenge, bringing the a comunist regime and stealing a large portion of land. As someone said earlier, all countries acted evil against others. The problem is that the more important you are a greater evil you can do and most of times you never pay for it. I would salute any game that will represent the history more deeply over a larger period of time letting the player get in touch with reasons, environment and decisions and let him judge the degree of evilness/goodness.

@USA is a single market. To sell in Europe involves a greater financial effort and the public requires more mature games.
-----------------------------How to create atmosphere? Bring in EMOTIONS!
Quote:Original post by Tesseract
How about a WWII game from the point of view of a French peasant? The object is to (a) not get shot, (b) not get blown up, (c) not get run over by a tank, and (d) not starve to death. If you win you get to keep what's left of your cow.

Oh man... this would actually be a decent game. It would be both fun, but would have a strong element of tragedy too. I mean, I chuckled at first, then thought you know, there's never been a game where you play the common man in a war zone, and your only objective is to survive. That's probably the most common story from any war, and the most overlooked.

Food for thought, there.
yeah cheap cd's.thats also on my country too.
i hate pireate product providers.but not directly about current case.
because they generally providing popular games.but my favorites are out of pop generally.[on my country.].i want to kill that idiots.
there is dozeens of cheaps games but not for me.
on my country sectors %90~ is pirate.(anything about cd.)
beacuse some of that idiots invited how to use cd/dvd-rewriter.
© Loading... !!!
Please Wait...!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement